Providing citations to the work of others you use to create your paper shows that you are using information ethically and honestly.
The primary reasons for citing sources in a research paper are to give credit to the authors whose work you have drawn upon and to allow readers to track down your sources, should they wish to do so.
There are many style guides for formatting citations and creating bibliographies. For physicists, two dominant styles are generally used: AIP and APS.
See the box at the right for tools to help you format citations and bibliographies.
Citation Management Tools
Mendeley - For only ODTÜ users
Mendeley Institutional Edition is a reference manager tool and academic social network that can help researchers organize their researches, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research for academic institutions.
- Synchronized and integrated references online,
- Offline Access via different devices,
- It is possible to create groups up to 5 person and having 5 GB strorage.
To download Mendeley Desktop and join Mendeley, please click Signup & Download button. Also for being a member of Middle East Technical University institutional page, please click “Join this group” button.
Please click for ODTU Mendeley Research Guide
Zotero is a free Firefox extension which allows you to collect, manage, and cite your sources right in your Web browser.
- Automatic capture of citation information from Web pages
- Storage of PDFs, files, image, links, and whole Web pages
- Playlist-like library organization
- Formatted citation export
- Integration with MS Word and OpenOffice